Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fried rice

Fried rice anyone? This dish is pretty universal. Many of us have had one version of this or another. My most interesting fried rice dish I have ever tasted was from my friend’s recipe and guess what was used? Ketchup?! That’s right ketchup?! Apparently using ketchup in fried rice is a pretty common occurrence that I never knew about! I personally was not a fan because I like my fried rice plain and simple. If you feeling experimental please feel free to try ketchup in your fried rice and let me know how it goes, otherwise listed below is my most basic fried rice recipe. Many people choose to add cooked chicken, ham, shrimp, carrots, green peas or corn to this dish. I say go ahead! Make it your dish! Cooking time is about 10 minutes and serves about 4-6 people. For this recipe you will need:
  • 2 cups cooked white rice, preferably day old
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ½ tablespoon soil sauce
  • 2 tablespoon canola oil
  • ½ tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 finely chopped green onions
Optional:
  • Chicken
  • Ham
  • Shrimp
  • Carrots
  • Green peas
  • Corn
Place wok or frying pan on stove and set to medium-high. After 5 minutes pour in canola oil. Crack in eggs and scramble. Once eggs are cooked stir in white rice. Make sure to continuously toss the rice for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Remove from heat once the rice is evenly coated with soy sauce and sesame oil. Garnish with green onion and serve. Optional: Cooked chicken, ham, carrots, green peas or corn can be added to dish once eggs have been cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment