Monday, May 30, 2011

Minced pork over rice

I first tried this dish about a year ago when I was eating out with my friend. I couldn’t believe how much I have been missing out all these years considering that I am Chinese and have never had this dish. Ever since then I have been making this dish every month. It’s quick, simple and delicious. Did I mention it makes a great left over for lunch! Cooking time is about 40 minutes and serves about 6 people. For this recipe you will need:
  • 1 pound ground pork
  • 5 shallots
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 8 tablespoon soy sauce
  • ½ tablespoon sugar
  • 1 ½ cup of water
  • ½ tablespoon five-spice powder
  • 2 cups cooked white rice
  • ½ cup Chinese pickled melon
  • 6 tea eggs
Finely chop the shallots and garlic and set aside. Place wok or frying pan on stove set to medium high. Once hot pour in canola oil. Saute shallots and garlic until golden brown. Add ground pork. Continuously break the ground pork into tiny pieces white stirring. Add rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, five-spice powder and water. Cook until boiling. Let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Spoon over steamed rice. Serve with Chinese pickled melon and tea eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment